Located in southeastern Ohio, the 2,983-acre Lake Hope State Park is a natural paradise. The entire park lies within the 28,614-acre Zaleski State Forest in the valley of Big Sandy Run. It is a rugged, heavily forested region traversed by steep gorges and narrow ridges with remnants of abandoned mining and iron producing industries. This eye-catching scenery offers many opportunities for photographers, hikers and historians to enjoy.
The 120-acre lake only allows boats with electric motors and can be accessed by one boat ramp. A variety of paddle equipment is available to rent during the boating season including pontoons, canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards.
There are a variety of types of cabins available at Lake Hope:
- 25 Standard Cabins sleep 5.
- 21 “Iron Furnace” Legacy Cabins sleep 4 and have woodburning fireplaces.
- 20 “Forest” Legacy Cabins have woodburning fireplaces; three cabins sleep 4, eleven cabins sleep 5, and six cabins sleep 8.
- All cabins have linens, towels and complete kitchens with microwave ovens, heat, air conditioning, and outdoor grills and fire rings.
- Pets are permitted in select cabins.
There are also many camping available:
- 46 electric sites
- 141 non-electric sites
- Heated showerhouses, flush toilets, waste disposal, laundry facilities, picnic tables and fire rings
- Pets are permitted.
- Three small group sites accommodate 18 people.
- Lake Ridge organized group camp is reservable by calling the park office.
- Backpacking campsites are available for backpackers in Zaleski State Forest.
- An equestrian camp is available for bridle trail users in Zaleski State Forest.
Reserve online or by calling 1-866-644-6727.